How to log in to your router (ASUS / RT-AC3100)
Note: If you cannot fix the problem after you follow these instructions, maybe we can help. Get help from RouterCheck Support.
Understanding the issue
To fix configuration problems with your router, you interact with it using a web browser. Before you can interact with your browser, you must log into it. Logging in provides the security that you need to keep unwanted people from gaining access to the administrator functions of the router.
Recommendation: Refer to the router's documentation to learn how to fix problems. Go to the vendor's support site where you can download documentation.
How to log in to your router
Step 1: Browse to the router at: http://192.168.1.1
If you have trouble connecting to your router, perhaps it's because it is configured to be at a non-standard IP address.
RouterCheck can help you find out what the real IP Address of your router is.
Step 2: Type the user name and password of the router administrator into the dialog box that opens.
Step 3: If you do not know the user name and password for your router, then try the defaults values.
The default user name for your router is:
The default password for your router is:
Step 4: If that still doesn't work...
You must reset your router. Unfortunately, there is no other way to log in to your router. You must reset your router back to factory defaults. This means that you must redo all your customizations, such as setting the WiFi password. Get instructions from RouterCheck for resetting your router to factory defaults.
Fix a problem on your router
- Bad Administrator Password
- Remote Administration is on
- Ports are open
- Router is Pingable from the Internet
- Local DNS Server
- Unknown DNS Server
- DNS Server Resolves Non-existent Domains
- Rogue DNS Servers
- Actual DNS Servers
- No Wifi security is being used
- WEP Wifi security is being used
- WPA Wifi security is being used
- WPS is turned on
- Wifi security could not be determined
- Tested Vulnerability Failure
- Lookup Vulnerability Failure
Learn how to use your router
- How to log in to your router
- How to reset a router to factory defaults
- How to load new firmware onto your router
- Get the default administrator password for your router.
- How to find the IP Address of your router
- Find firmware to install on your router
- Find user guides for your router
- If you are still having difficulties, maybe we can help.